Student Life Sports and Leisure
The Student Council is the official student organisation at the
West Saxon University representing students internally and externally.
What is the Student Council responsible
- coordinating self-administration of students
- looking after educational and technical
interests of students
- performing and assisting cultural events
- promoting university sports
- keeping up supraregional and international
The Student Council represents student
opinions in the following bodies:
- Senate of the University
- Commission of the Computer Center
- Commission of the University Library
- Commission for Maintaining Public Order
- Council of Representatives and Administration
of the Student Service Chemnitz-Zwickau (halls of residence,
Service of the Student Council
- selling international student and youth
- assisting and performing events
- informing on legal fundamentals of university
and additionally it functions as a
- transfer body for student information
- topic provider for the student paper Reißzwigge
(The editorial staff is always open for interested cooperation.)
- contact body for international student
Where and when to contact the Student Council?
cf. address pool, page 12
The pictures above speak for themselves ...
All students and members of the staff are
invited to attend the university sports courses. The sports offers
are announced at the
beginning of each term. In addition, special courses are offered
within a given time. University sports have mainly mass sport
Responsible for coaching of sports are the University Sports
Center in cooperation with the authorised sports representative
of the Student Council.
The following kinds of sports are permanently offered:
badminton ballroom dance
basketball body-fitness fencing gymnastics
handball hiking judo karate
soccer stage dance step-aerobics swimming
table tennis volleyball weight training
winter sports activities for staff (soccer, spinal
gymnastics, fitness gymnastics and volleyball).
Occasionally provided, planned or in cooperation
with clubs are:
Athletics boxing diving
sailing surfing tennis.
Sport facilities are gymnasium of the University,
outdoor athleticground of the University, use of the municipal
indoor pool, use
of the sport facilities at the University Campus Scheffelstraße.