Application as exchange student
we are delighted that you are interested in becoming an exchange student at the Westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau (University of Applied Sciences Zwickau). In order to be able to prepare for your stay with us we require some information from you.
Please read all the information carefully!
Required Application Documents:
- Application Form
- Your CV/résumé
- 1 original passport photo (3.5cm × 4.5cm), (for non-EU students the photos must be biometric)
- Proof of health insurance for the duration of your entire stay (for EU countries we require a copy of your European Health Insurance Card, valid until after the end of your stay; students from non-EU countries will take out health insurance with a health insurance company after arriving in Zwickau)
- Record of degree - original copy (summary of your grades/credits and modules taken)
- Applicants for courses in Applied Arts: Design (Fashion Design, Textile Art/Textile Design, Wood Design) also require a cover letter or letter of motivation (in English or German) and a portfolio
- for ERASMUS students from EU countries: a Learning agreement with the courses you wish to take at the Westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau
- for ERASMUS students as part of the ERASMUS+ International programme: a Learning agreement
- all other applicants, please use this Learning agreement
Applicants for the Winter Semester
The deadline for applications for the winter semester (September to February): 31st May.
For applicants for courses with the Faculty of Applied Arts Schneeberg: 31st May.
Applicants for the Summer Semester
The deadline for applications for the summer semester (March to August): 30th November.
For applicants for courses with the Faculty of Applied Arts Schneeberg: 30th November.
If you wish to apply for a room in the student residences, please fill out the application form here.
You can find the full list of courses offered at the WHZ in our Course Catalogue, as well as an overview of available modules for exchange students in our Study Program for International Students.