If the vehicle reaches a point of the overhead system, where the overhead lines end, the GPS unit recognizes this. The corresponding control unit sends a control command to the main computer, which accordingly initiates a wiring off process. Alternatively the wiring off command can be triggered by the driver (e.g.: in case of disturbances on the route or an unscheduled deviation).
- Signal for wiring off
- Filling the cylinders for pivoting motion to enable a specific movement
- Lowering the trolley poles to disconnect from overhead line
- Moving the poles to center position
- Lowering the poles to deepest position (roof of the vehicle)
- Locking the poles
- Trolley collector is in non-operating mode now